South Davis Chapter
Gordon Lewis, President
Upcoming Meetings and Activities
The Public is invited and encouraged to attend our meetings and activities. Unless otherwise noted, all events start at 7pm MST at the following address (enter through the west doors):
Bountiful City Hall
City Council Chambers
790 South 100 East
Bountiful, Utah 84010
- Jul 2017: no meeting due to Handcart Days.
- 15 Aug 2017: Studying Genealogy: A Personalized Approach - Angela Packer McGhie, CG (Recorded Presentation - 1:21:20).
- 19 Sep 2017: topic to be announced.
- 17 Oct 2017: topic to be announced.
- Nov 2017: no meeting due to Thannksgiving.
- 5 Dec 2017: topic to be announced.
How to Join
If you are not yet a member of UGA, we invite you to join! There is considerable value associated with membership which is offered at a reasonable annual rate with discounts given for multiple-year renewals. Life memberships are also available.
All those with an interest in genealogy are invited to participate in the Chapter and if interested, become a member of UGA. As a member you will receive access to:
- Virtual Chapter Meetings: These are online instructional meetings held the third Thursday of each month,
- Educational Projects supported and organized by Barry Ewell with three levels of expertise: Gold, Silver and Bronze,
- First Families of Utah: Recognizing and documenting prominent early Utah families,
- Utah Indexing Projects including,: Births, Marriages, Death and Burial Records,
- Access to Rare Marriage records from 1851-1884 in Utah,
- UGA Conference Planner: Guides UGA members through setting up a conference, seminar or fair,
- Speakers Bureau: A list of presenters reviewed and approved through UGA for classes and meetings with contact information,
- Crossroads Magazine: UGA's Quarterly magazine with articles relating to Genealogy and related subjects,
- Discounts for Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy and pre-registration opportunities,
- Discounts for Chapter Activities and Events,
- Discounts for the Semi-Annual UGA Family History Conferences, and
- Pre-registration for most events.
We hope you will come and participate in this UGA chapter and enjoy all the benefits of The Utah Genealogical Association.
The Utah Genealogical Association (UGA) is an enthusiastic community of researchers who want to improve their skills and more effectively utilize genealogical resources within Utah. UGA provides genealogical information, sources and education through personal instruction and published media on state and national family history topics, while promoting high standards and ethical practices.
UGA was formally organized September 25, 1971, and chartered December 1, 1971, by the State of Utah as a nonprofit educational organization. UGA is not affiliated with any religious or political organization. To learn more peruse our website, follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
In The Media